Are you a writer, a storyteller, an avid reader? Have you ever dreamed of seeing your own written work published? Are you the next J.K. Rowling? Boy do we have news for you! We’re excited to announce B—Published, our first-ever fiction contest. It’s simple: We know you have stories, and we want you to share them.
Divisions and Prizes
There are three divisions: student (ninth–12th grade), college, and adult. There will be one winner selected from each division to receive a $500 cash prize, and the three winning pieces will be published in B-Metro’s January 2015 issue. B-Metro will also host a reading event where each winner will get the opportunity to share his or her story with an audience.
Rules and Entry
The contest will be judged by a panel of writers, wordsmiths, and literary geeks. The deadline for entry is Oct. 15, 2014. Entries can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 1314 Cobb Lane, Birmingham, AL, 35205. See below for a list of contest rules.
1. Any works submitted to the B-Metro B—Published contest must be original content of the submitting writer and must be fiction.
2. No work that has been professionally published will be considered.
3. Submitted works must not exceed a 3,000-word limit.
4. No works submitted by writers, columnists, or persons otherwise affiliated with B-Metro will be considered.
5. Submitting authors must reside in Birmingham, Alabama, or surrounding area.