Give Birmingham: Habitat for Humanity
WHAT DOES HOME MEAN TO YOU?
Home Matters Now More Than Ever. Housing affects us all – our social well-being, our community’s aesthetic appeal and stability, and our economy. Yet, purchasing affordable housing is out of reach for many working families. Habitat Birmingham builds and repairs homes in partnership with low-to-moderate income families to support affordable housing and disaster recovery needs in Jefferson, Shelby, Walker, and St. Clair counties.
• Houses are not given away.
• Zero percent financing is offered to qualified families for new and repaired homes.
• Applicants qualify based on three criteria: (1) need for quality, affordable housing; (2) willingness to partner with Habitat Birmingham (minimum 300 “sweat equity” hours and 10 hours of homeownership education workshops); and, (3) Ability to pay down payment and repay a no-interest mortgage.
• Top 15 out of more than 1,200 Habitat affiliates in the US by Habitat for Humanity International
• Top 15 home builders in the Birmingham area by the Birmingham Business Journal
WAYS TO GIVE
• Make a donation online or by mail
• Partner with a family to build or repair a house
• Purchase a Habitat for Humanity specialty car tag
• Shop and donate items to Habitat ReStore
• Shop Amazon Smile and select Greater Birmingham Habitat for Humanity
• Support special events: Women Build, Grill To Build, Corporate Challenge
• Include Habitat Birmingham in your will or estate plan
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
4408 Lloyd Noland Parkway Fairfield, AL 35064