The Levite Jewish Community Center prides itself on being a welcoming facility to people of all faiths, ages, genders, sexual identities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are a family-oriented recreational and educational facility that is open to the entire community. As a recipient of United Way dollars, we impact more than 10,000 residents of the Birmingham community annually.
The LJCC is home to a 380,657 sq. ft fitness center that includes the latest Life Fitness and Cybex cross-training machines. We also offer over 45 group fitness classes a week, personal training, a five-mile hiking and biking trail, and a large outdoor pool with a baby pool. Alongside our fitness offerings, we also boast a respected early childhood program, summer and year-round camps, and a wide range of other activities and programs. Everything from Jewish programming to aquatics classes are available at our beautiful facility, conveniently located on 70 wooded acres off Montclair Road.
At the LJCC “Community” is quite literally our middle name. We take pride in being an active partner of both the Birmingham Jewish community as well as the broader Birmingham community. We make it our responsibility to create, serve, and enhance the community through our mission every day.
• Through our Farmers to Families program, we distribute more than 6,000 pounds of food each month to families in need.
• Recently awarded a grant through the Robert Meyer Foundation to build an outdoor pavilion for our camp and youth programs.
• Home to Alabama’s largest indoor/outdoor pool inflatables for fun for the whole family.
• New Member promotion – Put “the J” in your January for only $20 from now until January 31.
The mission of the Levite Jewish Community Center is to enhance Jewish identity by providing programs and activities that promote cultural enrichment, cultivate educational development, and provide for the well-being of its members.
3960 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35213
(205) 879-0411. www.bhamjcc.org