We take pride in being an active partner with Birmingham’s Jewish community as well as the thousands of people we serve across broader B’ham. As a family-oriented recreational and educational facility, we welcome people of all faiths, ages, genders, sexual identities, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our facilities include indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, a fitness center, group fitness studios, a gymnasium, an auditorium, and indoor and outdoor tracks. In the past year our varied programming has included tennis, pickleball, ballroom dancing, swimming, youth soccer, Jewish baking classes, knitting, youth flag football, ballroom dance, tai chi, youth community band, youth video classes, pick-up and youth basketball, inclusive art classes, extensive group fitness class offerings, discussions about Jewish history and culture, and much more. And after all that you’ll definitely enjoy one of our massages.
Who We Are
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in meaningful experiences of the mind, body, and soul.
• A B’ham fixture since 1906.
• With our pools, fitness floor, large gym, auditorium, devoted staff, and easy parking, a corporate membership at The J is a great way to foster employee wellness.
• Our pickleball program includes a league, clinics, open play, and a pro shop, and in 2022 we hosted a regional tournament.
• The Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center is one of B’ham’s premier spots for a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate learning environment.
• Some 2,000 people annually attend our Jewish Food and Culture Fest.
• Camp J and J-Sports Camp are among B’ham’s most respected summer camps.
• Members enjoy Thursday Family Fun Nights around the outdoor pool through June and July.
3960 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35213
(205) 879-0411 • www.bhamjcc.org